Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

The *Six* Love Languages

Have you heard of the five love languages? If not, Google it.

Maybe you have even read the book about the love languages?  My husband and I talked about them before we got married. It seems like a standard pre-marriage counseling topic.

You’re supposed to identify one or two of them that speak of your personality…as in how your spouse can love you best.

But you know what? I love all of them. I love to be loved through each and every single one: quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. I can’t identify which makes me feel the most loved!

love language


A few years ago, Greg decided that a sixth love language applies to me.

My love language is when people think I’m funny.

I love when Greg laughs at stories I tell, things I say, and quirks that I have. (Most of the time, anyway. Sometimes I’m a bit touchy about my quirks.)

I was reminded about this the other day while I was at our playgroup. I was telling a newer friend about how I took down our Christmas tree last year on December 4th. (Story will have to be told in another post…) I also told her how I can get all of our Christmas decorations put up in less than an hour. (Meaning that I have so few, it doesn’t take long to get them out.) And that I hate Halloween and don’t own one decoration for it. Same with Valentine’s Day.

And my friend told me her face hurt from laughing.

That made my day! Actually, it made my whole weekend.

I don’t think I’m a naturally funny person. But sometimes when unfortunate things happen--like this past week when I forgot to put a diaper on my two year old and the worst case scenario occurred--I think about how it will be a great story sometime and people will laugh.

Don’t be afraid to laugh at me. I’ll feel loved.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jen we love you! You are funny and now I'm glad to know that you want us to laugh at these things b/c all a long I have and just wasn't sure if you thought it funny too....btw, the "worst case scenario" statement really did make me lol. ;) Oh, and btw, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that brown and pink purse (seen above) you have on etsy! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colene:)
      You make me smile!

      Delete
    2. I give love by words of affirmation (hint hint: blogger and writer). I receive love by all of them, but mostly words and acts of service. So basically, I love people to tell me nice things about me and do nice things for me : )

      And I totally think they should add a 6th love language called appreciation of humor. That would definitely be my number one.

      Delete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!