Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Bird Wall Art with Plaid Products

I was so excited when Plaid sent me a bunch of paint and stencils to try out!!!!

Here are the paints they sent:

IMG_3377

I wanted to do another project for our bedroom. I had already made some bird wall art (that still hasn’t been hung). Here’s what I came up with this time. IMG_3382

I started with a textbook. Now, this is the 1970’s version of a textbook I had in 2003. Why do I have this book? IMG_3378Friends of mine bought it at the school’s book sale for $1 because they thought it was funny.

This picture is what makes it so funny! IMG_3379

I became the proprietor of the book when I transferred. They gave it to me. And I can’t part with it. However, I wanted to use some of the pages for my project. Who is going to miss the glossary, right?

I stenciled a few pages.

IMG_3381

I used a combination of white and purple paint. IMG_3380

After the paint dried, I cut two bird silhouettes and glued them to the paper. IMG_3383

I had already spray painted the frames antique white and then glazed them with purple acrylic paint. They match the other wall art perfectly.

Now I just need to decide where to hang all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!