Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

We like to eat healthy foods that are in season. Fall is a great time of year for Spaghetti Squash. For a few years, I've been making this recipe. FYI, Spaghetti squashes are really hard to cut in half if they are raw. So start by pricking the squash a few times with a fork and then putting it in the microwave for about 8 minutes.

Then let it sit for another 5 minutes. Cut it in half, scoop out the seeds (they're sort of like pumpkin seeds) and then start shredding it with two forks, as shown below. Don't be afraid to shred it to the skin.
how to make spaghetti squashThen put the spaghetti-like strands into a baking dish. I add salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and spaghetti sauce. Then I bake it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly. Yum.

I never thought I'd like squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!