Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finishing the Unfinishable Project 5 -- Travel Blankets

I mentioned that a friend and I bartered...she drew up a legal document and I made her son some travel blankets. Sounded easy enough; she wanted me to cut a store-bought blanket into quarters and put some satin bias tape around the edges.

Well. I apparently don't know how to do bias bindings. I made up a way to do it. I know you're supposed to do a continuous piece of trim.
But this is what I started with:

So I did just do one edge at a time. They aren't perfect. But I think they'll meet the needs of my friend's little boy!

1 comment:

  1. They are perfect!!! We love them and now have one stashed in different places/cars! You are awesome! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!